Do you enjoy problem solving and creativity? Jarrett Logistics Systems in Orrville is in search of an IT Systems Developer to join our growing team and company! The position would have involvement in the ongoing changes and developing to our internal systems. Come join a team with plenty of growth potential!
Create and modify code in custom software to meet project objectives. Provide troubleshooting support to discover and fix software bugs. Communicate with other developers and project coordinators, under general supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work in Microsoft SQL Management Studio and Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
· Code custom software including but not limited to web based applications, EDI, API, reporting, and scanner technology
· Troubleshoot software bugs and recommend quality solutions
· Work in line with assigned tickets as provided by project coordinators
· Work in a ticketing system and appropriately update ticket status and document changes
· Check in code changes to SVN repository
· Include comments within code according to best practices established by developer team
· Test and review own code before releasing to Dev, Test, Beta, and Production to minimize software bugs
· Review code of other developers as needed to minimize software bugs
· Other duties as assigned by management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 1-3 years of experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Skill in collecting and analyzing complex and technical data
· Possess analytical skills
· Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems
· Ability to manage time well
· Knowledge of data communications networks
· Ability to identify and resolve problems associate with operating system malfunctions
· Ability to work well independently
· Possess excellent telephone skills
· Detail orientated
· Work well under pressure
· Ability to read and interpret documents
· Strong computer skills/knowledge
· Ability to work well in teams
· Possess strong problem solving skills
· Strong math and accounting skills
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, and may require long periods of time sitting at a desk, looking at monitors and talking to internal and external customers.
Disclaimer: Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
EEOC Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.