Jarrett Logistics Systems is in search of the next Assistant Logistics Auditor to join our fast-paced, growing team! Employees working in the Auditing department will work alongside our Operations department to resolve freight bills with incorrect charges. They will use critical thinking skills to determine the best course of action in order to resolve each bill.
Audit freight bills and settle disputes with carriers and customers, ensuring the fairest outcome for the customer, carrier and Company; assist in the communication and resolution of outstanding claims, under general direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit and re-rate freight bills for correct payment
- Research, investigate and resolve all carrier past due freight bills
- Research, investigate and resolve freight bill discrepancies
- Utilize and interpret carrier contracts, tariffs, discounts, and NMFC guide
- Enter billing data into computer system, which is used to submit billing information to customer and to generate payables to vendor
- Ensure the fairest outcome for the customer, carrier and Company in each dispute or claim
- Provide standard and comprehensive reports to customers and supervisors, ensuring that both are kept updated on the progress of each outstanding freight bill or claim
- Consult with Operations Management to ensure the proper handling of CRM responsibilities for past due bills, and/or outstanding claims or bills
- Analyze trends in freight bill discrepancies and processes, developing solutions for improvement
- Communicate on a regular basis with all parties involved in the dispute or claim to resolve billing issues, even if there are no changes in the status
- Utilize an organized process to file and settle freight bill disputes and claims in a timely manner with carriers and customers
- Receive calls from vendors and customers, maintaining a high level of customer service
- Maintain and update computer database
- Utilize methods and procedures that facilitate achievement of branch financial goals
- Employee may be asked or required to drive a company vehicle
- Other duties as assigned by management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 0-3 years of experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent telephone skills
- Detail orientated
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Strong computer skills/knowledge
- Ability to work well in teams
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Basic math and accounting skills
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, and may require long periods of time sitting at a desk, looking at monitors and talking to internal and external customers.
Disclaimer: Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
EEOC Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.