Under general supervision, responsible for safely operating company vehicles; delivering goods to residential and/or commercial locations; safely packing furniture and miscellaneous items, loading and unloading trucks by hand, tow motor and pallet jack; ensuring accuracy and timeliness in all job functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Operate large company vehicles and box trucks in a safe and timely manner
· Deliver goods to assigned commercial and/or residential locations
· Practice exceptional customer service and professionalism during deliveries
· Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or other designated areas through the use of a tow motor, pallet jack, or by hand
· Read customer orders and/or shipping orders to determine items to be moved, weighed, gathered or distributed and/or shipped
· Using approved packing materials and procedures, neatly and safely pack customer orders
· Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, scanning in orders
· Place orders on pallets or pallet racking, or relocate orders to a holding area or docks
· Assemble custom pallets by hand, using various power tools and safety equipment
· Wear the proper safety equipment
· Ability to complete extended overnight deliveries as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required; 1-3 years of experience; Must be 21 years of age
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Valid Ohio Driver License required (Commercial Driver License not required)
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to make decisions independently
Work well under pressure
Ability to read and interpret documents
Ability to work well in teams and individually
Possess strong problem solving skills
Basic math and accounting skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and sit for long periods of time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects of at least 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. The employee is required to operate large company vehicles while following safe and legal practices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Disclaimer: Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.