Jarrett Logistics Systems is currently in search of additional Directors of Business Development! We are hiring Directors of Business Development for multiple locations who will report to our headquarters in Orrville. Come experience a growing and competitive Sales Department!
Initiate and conduct sales calls and meetings on potential new accounts; Generate new business by establishing relationships and closing on accounts; Prospect for leads, building a pipeline through cold calling.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prospect for leads utilizing cold calling, stop ins and networking strategies
• Conduct complex negotiations and close deals
• Prepare presentation material outlining Company’s logistic services
• Conduct presentation materials to potential new accounts
• Execute sales call plans and other sales strategies that increase pipeline and new landed business
• Utilize sales-related technology/software including (but not limited to) Salesforce, Data.com, MS Office
• Manage relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction through implementation
• Maintain relationship with clients to secure referrals
• Recommend continuous improvement ideas for Company’s sales strategies
• Gather, analyze, and compare freight bills from potential new accounts
• Identify prospective opportunities through communications, programs and other activities as needed
• Other duties as assigned by President or VP of Sales and Marketing
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal leadership ability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possess excellent telephone skills
• Detail orientated
• Work well under pressure
• Ability to read and interpret documents
• Strong computer skills/knowledge
• Ability to work well in teams
• Possess strong problem solving skills
• Intermediate math and accounting skills
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; Minimum 7 years of experience in sales with proven track record
Between 10 and 30%
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, and may require long
periods of sitting, in a home office environment or through travel
Disclaimer: Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
EEOC Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.