Are you looking for an Internship that will give you great experience and a chance to build relationships? Jarrett Companies is looking for motivated interns that are looking for logistics and supply chain experience! Logistics Interns have the opportunity to work in a team-based environment and experience tracking and tracing shipments, dispatching and direct communication with customers.
We offer internship opportunities year-round based on intern availability. We are a growing company and are actively looking to add new members to our team, and we also view all interns as potential full-time hires upon graduation.
Route and dispatch shipments by phone and computer in an efficient and expedient manner. Perform well defined administrative and transportation tasks under immediate/general supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Receive calls from vendors and customers, maintaining a high level of customer service
• Process orders, route and monitor shipments
• Provide reports to customers and supervisors
• Maintain and update computer database
• Answer questions and resolve customer issues
• Utilize information through tariffs, discounts, NMFC guide, and carrier route guides
• Input and reconcile freight bills as needed
• Carry on call equipment during off hours as needed
• Other duties as assigned by management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience:
Pursuit of Bachelor's Degree required
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possess excellent telephone skills
• Detail orientated
• Work well under pressure
• Ability to read and interpret documents
• Strong computer skills/knowledge
• Ability to work well in teams
• Possess strong problem solving skills
• Basic math and accounting skills
Physical Demands: The employee may occasionally lift, move, or carry up to 15 pounds, and may require long periods of time sitting at a desk and looking at monitors. This position requires the use of hands for continuous simple grasping and fine manipulation. Reaching is frequently required for keyboarding, along with occasionally reaching below waist level. The employee may occasionally need to bend.
EEOC Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.