Are you interested in joining one of the Plain Dealers Top Workplaces in Northeast Ohio? Jarrett Logistics of Orrville is currently in search of an Assistant Logistics Coordinator to join our company in a fast-paced customer service setting. Come join our growing team with high growth potential! Employees on the weekend shift work a set schedule over the weekend with multiple days off during the week!
Route and dispatch shipments by phone and computer in an efficient and expedient manner. Perform well defined administrative and transportation tasks under immediate/general supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Receive calls from vendors and customers, maintaining a high level of customer service
• Process orders, route and monitor shipments
• Provide reports to customers and supervisors
• Maintain and update computer database
• Answer questions and resolve customer issues
• Assist Logistics Coordinators and Managers with other related duties
• Utilize information through tariffs, discounts, NMFC guide, and carrier route guides
• Input and reconcile freight bills as needed
• Carry on call equipment during off hours as needed
• Other duties as assigned by management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 0-1 year of experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possess excellent telephone skills
• Detail orientated
• Work well under pressure
• Ability to read and interpret documents
• Strong computer skills/knowledge
• Ability to work well in teams
• Possess strong problem solving skills
• Basic math and accounting skills
The employee may occasionally lift, move, or carry up to 15 pounds, and may require long periods of time sitting at a desk and looking at monitors. This position requires the use of hands for continuous simple grasping and fine manipulation. Reaching is frequently required for keyboarding, along with occasionally reaching below waist level. The employee may occasionally need to bend.
Disclaimer: Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
EEOC Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.